The first inhabitants in the territory of Lithuania, including the land of Šiauliai, appeared after the retreat of glaciers in the last glacial period in Europe and alongside with climate warming, in the second half of the 10th millennium BC, when the origins of the first civilizations already began to emerge on the Mediterranean coast and in the Middle East regions.
The oldest archaeological find in the territory of Šiauliai city is a flint head of an arrow, found in the ancient settlement of Lieporiai, currently one of Šiauliai residential areas in the southern part of the city. Such heads of arrows were used at the end of the 10th millennium BC – in the first half of the 9th millennium BC. It is known that in the vicinity of Šiauliai, like in the whole current territory of Lithuania, at least since the end of the third millennium there were settled people who, in addition to hunting, also engaged in agriculture. Šiauliai itself belongs to a very manifold region of the Baltic tribes area. The region is a merge of Semigallian, Samogitian, Highland Lithuanian and Curonian areas; but mostly, of Samogitian and Semigallian areas (archaeological data show that the latter also lived in the vicinity of Šiauliai). Šiauliai was a part of a culturally and ethnically mixed region.
- History of The Šiauliai City (41)
- Prehistoric Times (4)
- In the 13th Century, the Land of Šiauliai Appears in the World History (3)
- 14th-15th Centuries – a Changeable Period: between the State Defence and Christianity Light (3)
- Formation of Šiauliai Settlement in the 16th Century (1)
- The Beginning of Šiauliai City of the 17th Century (2)
- Šiauliai of the 18th Century in the Vortex of the Great City Reforms (3)
- Šiauliai of the 19th Century and the Beginning of the 20th Century in the Grip of the Russian Empire (7)
- Šiauliai in the Years of the First World War (1)
- Šiauliai in the Years of Freedom (6)
- Šiauliai in the Years of the Second World War (2)
- The Consequences of the Second World War (2)
- Šiauliai in Postwar Period (5)
- Šiauliai at this time (1)